Moving With The Times 2021: CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS! (Check back for more details about artists’ submissions in late June 2020)
A commissioned evening of dance by Dancin’ Oxford and Pegasus Theatre
Part of Dancin’ Oxford 2021 Spring Dance Festival
Dancin’ Oxford and Pegasus Theatre are delighted to announce that Moving With The Times will continue in 2021, with the offer of three commissions to dance artists/companies to present and showcase work. Each selected company or artist will receive a guaranteed £1,000 commission fee to create the work, plus technical support and marketing / promotion provided by Pegasus and Dancin’ Oxford (including specific print produced for the show). Pegasus may be able to offer some free daytime studio rehearsal space (if available) leading up to and during the production week (wk commencing TBC). Selected artists will be invited to attend a meeting with the Technical / Marketing team in late Autumn (Date TBA) to discuss technical possibilities and deadlines for technical / marketing information.
There will be a Moving With The Times Preview Evening (called ‘First Look’) at Pegasus on DATE TBC. NB: All selected artists will be expected to perform an extract of their piece at the ‘First Look’ event, at which there will be the opportunity for facilitated audience feedback. More details to follow on this event in due course.
BRIEF for the work:-
- Max 20-30 mins in length for each piece;
- Finished piece of professional work (not work-in-progress);
- Group, solo and duet work are all welcome;
- Work involving cross-art form collaboration is welcome;
- Pieces should engage in some way with the title / theme of the show ‘Moving with the Times’;
As part of the selection process, all shortlisted artists / companies will be required to meet with the selection panel to discuss their proposed work. This meeting will take place during the day (between 10-3pm) on DATE TBC at Pegasus Theatre. The selection panel will include representatives from Pegasus Theatre, Dancin’ Oxford plus external representatives.
Criteria for selection will be based on:
- Quality of proposal and proposed work (applicants will need to demonstrate quality within the proposal – this can include videos / reviews / outline of how quality will be ensured)
- Work involving a collaborative approach to outline the nature of the collaboration
- Impact on artist / company’s own professional development (placing the MWTT show within the wider context of your work, including longer term aspirations for the work to be created)
- Clarity on who your audience is and where the work is pitched in order to market it effectively
The deadline for proposals is DATE TBC
Successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible following the panel meeting.
Call out to all Dance enthusiasts! Why not join our Festival Team?
Dancin’ Oxford welcomes volunteers to help out with the running of our Festival programme. If you enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people and are interested in gaining experience of working in events, marketing, media or the arts in general and want to see some fantastic shows to top it all off, then please send us an e-mail here.
If you would like to find out more about Weekly dance classes in Oxford (for both adults and children / young people) for futher information email here.
SAVE MONEY WITH THE FESTIVAL PASS
The Festival Pass costs only £1 and offers you £1 off your ticket to most shows in the Festival. You can purchase these from the box offices at Oxford Playhouse, Pegasus, The North Wall. The Mill Banbury and Cornerstone, Didcot.