CALL OUT for Moving With The Times 2021
July 1, 2020 to August 17, 2020
Professional dance artists
Celebrating its’ 10th Anniversary, Dancin’ Oxford and Pegasus Theatre are delighted to announce the Moving with The Times commission for 2021.
Three dance artists/companies will be commissioned to present and showcase work as part of the Dancin’ Oxford 2021 Spring Dance Festival at Pegasus Theatre on 5 & 6 March 2021.
Each selected company or artist will receive a guaranteed £1,000 commission fee to create the work.
The commission also includes technical support, marketing and promotion provided by Pegasus and Dancin’ Oxford (including specific print produced for the show). Pegasus may be able to offer some free daytime studio rehearsal space (if available) leading up to and during the production week which this year will be week commencing 1 March.
All selected artists will be expected to perform an extract of their piece at a preview event ‘First Look’ at Pegasus Theatre on Friday 15 January 2021 at which there will be the opportunity for facilitated audience feedback.
All selected artists will be expected to attend a meeting with the Production team in late autumn 2021 (Date TBA) to discuss requirements, possibilities and deadlines for technical and marketing information.
As part of the 10th anniversary event, we will be offering additional mentoring support to commissioned artists (where relevant and requested), which may include the opportunity to be linked up with a previously commissioned artist to support your practice.
Brief for the work:
- Max 20-30 mins in length for each piece.
- Finished piece of professional work (not work-in-progress)
- Group, solo and duet work are all welcome.
- Work involving cross-art form collaboration is welcome.
- Pieces should engage with the title of the commission ‘Moving with the Times’
You will need to submit a detailed proposal which includes an outline of the work you would like to create as part of this commission and what you think makes your piece distinctive, striking or relevant to this time.
You will need to place the Moving with the Times commission within the wider context of your work and include longer term aspirations for the work to be created.
We also ask for you to consider and outline your intended audience.
You will need to provide a proposed rehearsal schedule to let us know how you will make the piece possible.
The deadline for submissions is 9:00am Monday 17 August 2020
For access or enquiries please contact Claire Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the selection process, all shortlisted artists or companies will be required to meet with the selection panel to discuss their proposed work.
This meeting will take place during the day (between 10-3pm) on Wednesday 9 September 2020 at Pegasus Theatre.
The selection panel will include Pegasus Theatre’s Producer, Dancin’ Oxford plus external representatives.
Criteria for selection will be based on:
- The quality of the proposal and proposed work demonstrated within the proposal this may include videos / reviews / outline of how quality will be ensured.
- The nature, depth and approach to collaboration for work which involves a collaborative approach.
- The Impact the commission will have on the artist or company’s own professional development.
- The clarity demonstrated around understanding of audience and how the work is pitched in order to market it effectively to your audience.
Online MWTT Commission Application Form here
Pegasus Theatre, Oxford